May 19, 2023
When to use an ICD, risk stratification for HCM, blending EP and structural cardiology to improve care in post-TAVI patients, and hsTroponins are the topics John Mandrola, MD, discusses in this week's podcast.
This podcast is intended for healthcare professionals only.
To read a partial transcript or to comment, visit:
I. ICD in Patients with NICM
Simple Risk Score Predicts VT in Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Declining Risk of Sudden Death in Heart Failure https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1609758
- Defibrillator Implantation in Patients with Nonischemic Systolic Heart Failure https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1608029
- Reduction in mortality from implantable cardioverter-defibrillators in non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy patients is dependent on the presence of left ventricular scar https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehy437
- RCT of Implantable Defibrillators in Patients With Non Ischemic Cardiomyopathy, Scar and Severe Systolic Heart Failure (BRITISH) https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05568069
II. Risk Stratification in HCM
- Changing Risk Stratification in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy? https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/992014
- NOAH–AFNET 6 trial terminates ahead of time (NOAH AFNET 6 trial) https://dzhk.de/en/news/latest-news/article/noah-afnet-6-trial-terminates-ahead-of-time-noah-afnet-6-trial/
III. Blending EP and Structural to Improve TAVI Care
- Impact of Right Ventricular Pacing in Patients With TAVR Undergoing Permanent Pacemaker Implantation https://www.jacc.org/doi/full/10.1016/j.jcin.2023.02.003
- Age-Specific Cut-Offs Needed for Cardiac Troponin Tests? https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/992167
- Myocardial Injury Thresholds for 4 High-Sensitivity Troponin Assays in U.S. Adults https://www.jacc.org/doi/full/10.1016/j.jacc.2023.03.403
- What Is a Normal Troponin Anyway? https://www.jacc.org/doi/10.1016/j.jacc.2023.03.404
- Updating Our Thinking on Troponin Use and Interpretation https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2777967
You may also like:
Medscape editor-in-chief Eric Topol, MD, and master storyteller and clinician Abraham Verghese, MD, on Medicine and the Machine
The Bob Harrington Show with Stanford University Chair of Medicine, Robert A. Harrington, MD.
Questions or feedback, please contact