Jun 2, 2023
Listener feedback on the most important study in a decade, MONITOR-HF, a flawed paper and analysis, and the tension between pathos and logos are the topics John Mandrola, MD discusses in this week's podcast.
This podcast is intended for healthcare professionals only.
To read a partial transcript or to comment, visit:
I. Listener Feedback
Earlier Anticoagulation Safe in Stroke With AF: ELAN
- Early versus Later Anticoagulation for Stroke with Atrial Fibrillation
- Fibrinolysis or Primary PCI in ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction
II. Monitor HF
CardioMEMS Boosts QoL, Curbs HF Hospitalizations: MONITOR-HF
- Remote haemodynamic monitoring of pulmonary artery pressures in patients with chronic heart failure (MONITOR-HF): a randomised clinical trial
- Remote pulmonary artery pressure monitoring in heart failure care: part of the new normal?
- Sowell’s A Conflict of Visions
III. Intensive BP Treatment in Older Patients – Pathos vs Logos
- Clinical Outcomes of Intensive Inpatient Blood Pressure Management in Hospitalized Older
You may also like:
Medscape editor-in-chief Eric Topol, MD, and master storyteller and clinician Abraham Verghese, MD, on Medicine and the Machine
The Bob Harrington Show with Stanford University Chair of Medicine, Robert A. Harrington, MD.
Questions or feedback, please contact: email@example.com